Q: I stupidly did a check engine reset and now my temperature gauge is running hot

I tried to reset my check engine light by removing the positive battery for 5 minutes to get it to turn off. Well that did not work because it corrected itself initially but popped back on but what I noticed after doing this is my A/C must have been affected because now my cars temperature gauge is going from normal cold to hot. My coolant is low at minimum but m not sure what's causing the A/C to act up so I'm going to buy DexCool coolant to see if that help. Any thoughts?

Hello. By unhooking the battery you may have thrown off the programming in the vehicles computer. This commonly occurs if not done correctly. As for the check engine light that can be on for a number of things and the only way to properly diagnose, repair and turn it off is with a computer scan tool. The computer needs to be scanned for code. WIth those codes the system can be diagnosed and it all may be related. If you are looking to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. I stupidly did a check engine reset and now my temperature gauge is running hot