Q: I stupidly did a check engine reset and now my temperature gauge is running hot

I tried to reset my check engine light by removing the positive battery for 5 minutes to get it to turn off. Well that did not work because it corrected itself initially but popped back on but what I noticed after doing this is my A/C must have been affected because now my cars temperature gauge is going from normal cold to hot. My coolant is low at minimum but m not sure what's causing the A/C to act up so I'm going to buy DexCool coolant to see if that help. Any thoughts?

3. I stupidly did a check engine reset and now my temperature gauge is running hot