Q: I sprayed insulation foam inside my truck because I have big speakers so I don't want my to rattle but I sprayed too much. Now the trunk will not open.

I sprayed insulation foam inside my trunk because I didn't want it to rattle I have big speakers in there the Trunk does not want to open now I sprayed too much insulation foam in there

Hi there. The foam may have gotten onto the track area to the trunk hinges or resting area. Try to unlatch the trunk. If the trunk is able to unlock, then you will need to get a small cutting blade and put it under the trunk area where the trunk meets the seal on the car. Slowly cut down the line of the trunk and all the way around. The trunk should open up. If it does not open up, then put a small press tool on the trunk and the car and try to make the trunk open, but don’t damage the trunk or latch. When the trunk is open, the seal will probably need replaced after cutting it to remove the foam. The foam will need to chipped away from the hinges if the foam got into the hinges. If you need further assistance with opening your trunk after putting too much foam around your large speakers, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I sprayed insulation foam inside my truck because I have big speakers so I don't want my to rattle but I sprayed too much. Now the trunk will not open.