Q: I smashed into a curb,crackd my radiator,now the car won't stay in gear,what did I break?

The dust cover had been removed by my mechanic.I smashed into a curb&cracked the bottom half of the radiator.The tow truck guy showed me,because I could'nt get the car to enage gears,The helper @ the mechanic told me flames are shooting out of the tail pipe.They don;t want to deal l w/t it.It was a gift from my daughter.What did I break on it.Does it need a new engine,how much would that be,We have a lot of Volvo part places around here.Pat

3. I smashed into a curb,crackd my radiator,now the car won't stay in gear,what did I break?