Q: I replaced my camshaft sensor and it's leaking oil from under it

My camshaft sensor on my bmw 335i n54 engine is leaki oil. I bought a new sensor and replaced it last week. Just started noticing the leak coming from the sensor.

The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) has a small O ring around the flange where it fits up against the engine. Most of the time when I’ve bought those parts, the O ring has come on the part, so you don’t even notice it. It’s possible that the O ring was not on the part and you installed it not realizing it should be there, Or else the O ring got pinched when you pushed the sensor into the hole. It’s easy enough to solve,just pull the sensor back out and look for the o ring seal. If that isn’t the problem, then you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your oil leak and let you know what can be done.