Q: i purchased a starter and brand new battery my car ran good for 2 days then it just shuts off on me while driving

I noticed that the car never on the first crank but the second. I did notice a smell of fuel but see no leak.

There are many different things that may cause the car to shut off while driving, including fuel delivery issues, such as faulty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, a bad mass air flow sensor or a faulty O2 sensor. This symptom may also be an issue related to ignition spark such as a bad crankshaft position sensor, a bad camshaft position sensor or a failing ignition coil. If the car starts up again after it stalls and runs normally for a bit until it stalls again, you may be able to rule out an issue related to spark, however a faulty ignition coil will work intermittently allowing the car to run normal for a bit before shutting down again. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help diagnose your car’s shut-off issues and suggest any necessary repairs.

• i purchased a starter and brand new battery my car ran good for 2 days then it just shuts off on me while driving