Q: I pulled into a parking spot and put my car into park, when I lifted my foot from the brake the car continues forward.

I pulled into a parking spot and put my car into park, when I lifted my foot from the brake the car continues forward. I immediately put my foot on the brake then I pulled the emergency brake. I turned the car off and tried to turn it back on, but now it won't turn over. Is this something that is easy to fix? Do I need to get my car towed?

The vehicle transmission did not get back to the park position due to the shift cable came off of the transmission shift linkage. You will need to have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and check the shift cable connection at the transmission to see if the shift cable bushing broke and let the cable end disengage from the shift linkage. The shift cable may need replaced if the cable end bushing is not available. I recommend a mechanic check the shift cable and replace cable or repair cable end as parts allow.

3. I pulled into a parking spot and put my car into park, when I lifted my foot from the brake the car continues forward.