Q: I need to find out if my car has a spindle or not

I recently took my car to the shop and the guy told me that my right lower passenger side ball joint was shot and that I need to get it fixed. I asked how much and he said it depends on if it needs a spindle or not. And then said it could cost almost $700 so I'm trying to find out if my car even has a spindle or not.

Your vehicle does not have a spindle- but what it does have, namely a hub/bearing assembly in a steering knuckle that supports a driveshaft, is not relevant to, nor implicated in, the replacement of the lower ball joint. A brand new Moog lower control arm, INCLUDING an already installed ball joint, all with a Lifetime warranty (from the retailer) for your car, costs roughly $35 (using the usual 30% off coupon at Advance Auto Parts). The labor time to professionally install that lower control arm on your vehicle is less than 2 hours. If I were you, I’d contact YourMechanic too FIRST confirm the diagnosis to see if you even need this part and then, if you do need it, have it replaced at a much lower cost. Obviously, there is no justification to spend $700 to replace a $35 part requiring 2 hours of labor. Let us know how we can assist you.

3. I need to find out if my car has a spindle or not