Q: I need to figure out what's going on with my Nissan Altima

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my nissan altima it has been making a gitter noise when I have my car in drive whenever I'm at a stoplight or a stop sign it acts like it wants to turn off and a couple times when I have been driving on a highway it has turned off I waited for a couple of minutes and it turns back on I changed my spark plugs and my coils and it still makes that sound I tooken it to autozone to put the computer and it won't give a code

Hello. There are a lot of common issues that can cause this on your vehicle. From what you are explaining the most common would be the crankshaft position sensor and/or a failing timing chain. These are common failures on this vehicle and will cause the engine to shut off like this. Unfortunately these issues do not set off any codes when they occur. It can also be caused by an electrical issue if the battery connections are corroded. I have also seen this occur from the transmission beginning to fail. If you are planning on having this issue looked at, consider having a YourMechanic certified technician come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and stalling issue.

3. I need to figure out what's going on with my Nissan Altima