Q: I need my catalytic converter replaced. I found out my truck requires a dealer only converter that's California compliant. Is this

My truck requires a dealer only converter supposedly is that what the mechanic would bring or its equivalent?/California compliant

Hi there. The folks at CARB (California Air Resource Board) have set emissions standards for California sold vehicles for several years; which includes specific catalytic converter design. So if a mechanic is telling you that you require a specific catalytic converter for your vehicle, even if it’s not registered right now in California, it’s recommended to use that component; as it’s also adjusted for the ECU and other components on your Yukon.

3. I need my catalytic converter replaced. I found out my truck requires a dealer only converter that's California compliant. Is this