Q: I may need a Quote for a 2004 lexus rx330

I drove the car yesterday 11-29-16 with no problem. no funny noise's grinding sounds, just very normal, stopped parked out side my house in Burbank, then this morning, as usual just got in the car and turned on the ignition, just heard a winding noise sound like the starter did not engage with the fly wheel..........a mechanic told me maybe the timing belt, just wanted a second opinion, if so what would be the cost to replace the belt ??.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2004 Lexus RX330 to not start and a winding noise heard. Before any repairs are made the first step is to diagnose the vehicle and determine what the root cause of the issues are. The most common fault is the battery, it must be load tested to ensure it has the capacity to start the vehicle. If the battery tests okay then other common issues are a starter, battery cable, ignition switch, fuel pump, or a fuel filter. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start issue and make any repairs required.

3. I may need a Quote for a 2004 lexus rx330