Q: I'm getting a p0750 code. The truck will start but shuts off. It will stay running if you take the battery cable off and back on

It will start and shut down on its own. Will stay running if you take battery cable off and then back on. What could be causing this to happen?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Regarding the code you are receiving, a malfunction with the shift solenoid would not typically cause the vehicle to stall while in park. If it is happening while the vehicle is being put into gear, then you may want to turn your attention there. Otherwise, with no other diagnostic codes to work with, you will want to find out if the stalling it caused by an electrical issue, lack of spark, fuel, or air. This can be determined by a series of tests. Due to the symptoms being stopped by messing with the battery, you will want to turn your attention to the charging and ignition systems. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• I'm getting a p0750 code. The truck will start but shuts off. It will stay running if you take the battery cable off and back on