Q: I'm changing the inner tie rod end in my car and the part came with a hexagon washer and I was wondering where exactly is that put

I'm changing the inner tie rod end in my car and the part came with a hexagon washer and I was wondering where exactly is that is placed because I don't want to put it in the wrong spot or leave it off if it's important so I just need to know where that needs to be put.

The washer is a lock washer that is installed before the new tie rod is installed on the steering shaft. It is then bent over to hold the tie rod from backing out or loosening.

• I'm changing the inner tie rod end in my car and the part came with a hexagon washer and I was wondering where exactly is that put