Q: Stalling when reaching operating temperature

I just had my crankshaft replaced and my engine still stalls and turns off when the temperature reaches 80-85 degrees.Why is this happening?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty coolant temperature sensor. This may cause the motor to be supplied with too much fuel as the computer will have trouble determining when the cold start enrichment process will need to be altered as the engine warms up. As you may know, when the engine is cold, the computer determines how much additional fuel is needed to supply the motor with while it continues to warm up as slowly reaches the correct operating temperature. When this process is not working as it is designed to, the computer may continue to supply the motor with excess fuel that is not needed once the engine has already reached normal operating temperature. When this happens, you may notice the engine stalling as it is over fueled and not able to efficiently bun the fuel supplied to it. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Stalling when reaching operating temperature