Q: I have the e60. What is tge thermostat looming thing located besides the ac compressor

How do I remove the ac compressor

If the system is still charged with refrigerant, thoroughly evacuate the system using a recovery machine. Note that it is illegal to intentionally vent refrigerant directly to the atmosphere and very dangerous, too. That is, even if a system appears uncharged, if you do not evacuate the system with a recovery machine you run the risk of explosive discharge of refrigerant as you disconnect fittings. If the refrigerant gets in your eye you WILL be blinded. You must have the Factory Service Manual in hand to remove and reinstall the compressor because the service manual contains the torque and angle adjustments for the bolts and indicates which, if any, bolts can be re-used. Your application probably does NOT use steel bolts and if the bolts are aluminum the bolts can NOT be re-used, per the service manual. If you remove the compressor from the vehicle you have to replace the dryer; that is not optional. Broadly, to get the compressor out, you remove the expansion tank and place to one side. Remove the compressor drive belt. Remove coolant thermostat that you referred to in your question, as necessary. Remove screws and remove refrigerant lines. Disconnect electrical plug connections. Remove screws and remove compressor. To re-install, you’ll need refrigerant oil, a 3-5 CFM vacuum pump, a leak detector, and charging equipment. It’s preferred to use a Micron gauge during evacuation to determine if evacuation is actually complete (takes a while to boil off all the system moisture). If you want all these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request compressor replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have the e60. What is tge thermostat looming thing located besides the ac compressor