Q: I have replaced just one ignition coil, but not other 5. Will they fail, what mileage to change, and will it affect performance?

asked by on December 09, 2016

I just replaced one coil but wonder if I am about to have a major failure. What do you think it should cost for 5 coils with labor on my Santa Fe? Will it effect the performance or gas milage until then? I do mountain driving in sub zero temps, and notice some recent decrease in gas milage and performance up the hill which is why I am asking. Trying to figure the budget and need. Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Email me if you want: shanemgustman@gmail.com

Shane

If you take the price you paid for the one coil and multiply it by five the price will be close to what it would cost. Going up hills is always a gas usage problem and will affect mileage. You can replace one coil at a time or all at the same time. I would however recommend having all spark plugs replaced with the coils so you do not have to remove coils twice.