Q: i have no power to windows locks wiper or gauges after trying to install cd player wires did touch

I was installing a cd player and as i was doing so the red and black touched and sparked and now i dont have running lights wipers door locks power windows gauges or rear defroster . Headlights work manually high and low beam dash lights work signal work checked all the fuses with test light some have power and some dont tried with switch still same results what is my next step

You have two fuse boxes. There is one located under the left side of the dash and one in the engine compartment. Check fuse #17 in the engine compartment fuse box by the radiator. Then check fuse box on the left side of dash. Inspect fuses 21, 22, 32, 33 with the key on to see if they have power. You blew a fuse and you just need to find which one you blew since I don’t know which wire you shorted out to ground.

Feel free to contact one of our certified professionals if you need assistance with these checks. They will be able diagnose your electrical issue and make the necessary repairs to ensure everything is working as it should.

• i have no power to windows locks wiper or gauges after trying to install cd player wires did touch