Q: When I put my 2010 Chevy Tahoe in gear, I hear a sound beneath. What could be the reason?

When I put my car in gear I hear a sound and feel a some kind of jerk. but after that the shifting of gear is smooth, there is no problem. Second when the car is idle for 1-2 minutes it stops and there is a message stability traction off, engine power reduced.

A: The noise can be coming from worn engine or...

The noise can be coming from worn engine or transmission mounts. Check all of your fluid levels as the engine or transmission can become a little noisy if the fluid level is too low, but the engine mounts are a common cause for a bang or clunk noise when putting the vehicle into gear and taking off. As far as the reduced power message, this is a warning telling you the vehicle control system has picked up a malfunction and has stored fault codes which can be scanned and read by a professional mechanic. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and dig deeper on the noise as well as pull the fault codes from the vehicle to see where the system has found a fault.