Q: I have a power steering issue after doing a donut. The pump no longer assists at idle, only when the rpms are up. No leaks and fl

I did a half a donut in the rain doing a u turn.. Wheel locked over hard left and wide open throttle..turned back hard right to correct and by the time all is said and done i have power steering issues. There are no leaks and the fuild level is correct but no power steering at idle. Pump only assists when rpms are up. What is the issue? A valve of sorts?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The power steering pump has likely failed. The pump gets its power from the drive belt, if it is tight, the power steering pump should be supplying plenty of hydraulic pressure at idle speeds. You can pressure test the power steering pump rather easily. A gauge may be available for rent or purchase at your local automotive parts store. If the pressure is fine, then you are concerned with the gear box that connects to your steering column. For more help with testing and determining the cause of the power steering failure, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a power steering issue after doing a donut. The pump no longer assists at idle, only when the rpms are up. No leaks and fl