Q: I have a Peugeot estate and 3 months ago I had a gear selecter cable replaced by a garage it now needs another one as its snapped.

Hi 3 moths ago I had a gear selection cable replaced by a garage 3 months later it's snapped , I have also other things like brake pads shoes etc not been done right but the selecter cable is my issue please any advice

Hello. If the selector cable was recently replaced at a shop I would return to that shop and see if they have some sort of warranty on the part or work. If that is the case it may be possible that they can take care of the issue for little or no cost. If the cable is adjustable, I would make sure that it is properly adjusted as an improper adjustment may result in excessive tension on the cable, which can result in premature failure. If you also have other issues with the vehicle, especially if they are brake related, I would return to the shop that did the job and have them look over their work. Most shops will be able, or willing to help you if it was an issue with their work that is causing your problems.

• I have a Peugeot estate and 3 months ago I had a gear selecter cable replaced by a garage it now needs another one as its snapped.