Q: I have a bad 305 CI engine. I want to replace it with A350 CI engine from a 1997 Tahoe.

I want to replace the worn out 305 ci engine in my 1987 pickup with a 1998 350 ci engine. Is this more trouble than I want to deal with?

The differences between the two are the years and size of these engines. A lot can change in 11 years and you will definitely have a computer system, fuel pressure problem, and trouble mounting accessories. I would think you would have less problems if you were to completely overhaul the old motor or find a motor that is the same year.

3. I have a bad 305 CI engine. I want to replace it with A350 CI engine from a 1997 Tahoe.