Q: I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. There is 76,000 miles on it. At about 70,000 miles, I started hearing a noise when I would turn my wh

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. There is 76,000 miles on it. At about 70,000 miles, I started hearing a noise when I would turn my wheel to the left only. I've taken into a tire shop and also to a Ford service center. The Ford service center thinks it's a bearing. But said there was nothing they could do. A local tire shop told me that my strut is out of alignment and I need to replace the front struts. My dad thinks it sounds like a power steering issue because it sounds like it's coming from underneath the hood and not really under the car. Do you have any experience with this or their history of this happening which one e-13 Ford Explorers with such a low mileage? That's the thing that gets us the most we have really low mileage there's no reason that my stretch should be going out there's no play in the wheel and it rides smoothly no problems at all it's just when I turn left you can hear it making noise.

Hi Georgia. Thanks for writing in tonight. Generally speaking, all three issues could be a distinct possibility around the 70,000 miles or 4 year period on your Ford Explorer. Struts generally should be replaced every 75,000 miles, power steering fluid tends to show signs of ’squealing’ about the same time and wheel bearings typically last around 80,000 to 100,000 miles. Based on your description, I would assume that the power steering fluid is low, so I would start by making sure the fluid level is good and see if this clears up the problem. If it does not, the next step would be to have a professional mechanic come to your location to inspect your vehicle onsite. This will permit them to isolate the source of the noise and recommend repairs that will resolve this problem.

3. I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. There is 76,000 miles on it. At about 70,000 miles, I started hearing a noise when I would turn my wh