Q: I have a 2009 gmc acadia. While on a long road trip my DIC now says service battery charging system, should i shut it down for a

While on a road trip my dic now says service battery charging system and battery saver with the battery light red, should i turn it off to charge?

Your alternator is computer controlled and it has detected the system is not recharging the battery. You will need the computer checked for codes and the charging system for an alternator not charging. Also the battery will need to be checked. You may have a defective alternator.

3. I have a 2009 gmc acadia. While on a long road trip my DIC now says service battery charging system, should i shut it down for a