Q: I have a 2006 dodge charger and there is oil in the water pump what can it be

asked by on February 01, 2018

I have a 2006 dodge charger 3.5 motor and it doesnt show like the car is overheating but the water pump is boiling and i now see there is oil mixed in it

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Oil can leak into the cooling system from the head gasket, through cracks in the head or block and at other points depending on the design of the engine. The coolant will only boil if the radiator pressure cap is defective, the car overheats, or the system is suddenly opened when the car is hot. It is not exactly clear what the malfunction is, and you could have a combination of issues. What I would suggest is request an overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.