Q: i have a 2004 chevy suburban with the 5.3l vortec. i recently noticed while under the truck that my bell housing cap was missing.

I was recently doing a undercarriage cleaning from taking the truck into a field last weekend but i noticed im missing the bell housing cap. there is minor road grime in the housing and some specs of metal. not too concerning yet but just wanted to know what i can clean the inside of the housing with and if there is fluid that is supposed to be in the housing. i have the new cap ready to install but i would like to install it once and have it stay on there for as long as possible before being removed again to prevent damage

3. i have a 2004 chevy suburban with the 5.3l vortec. i recently noticed while under the truck that my bell housing cap was missing.