Q: i have a 2004 chevy suburban with the 5.3l vortec. i recently noticed while under the truck that my bell housing cap was missing.

I was recently doing a undercarriage cleaning from taking the truck into a field last weekend but i noticed im missing the bell housing cap. there is minor road grime in the housing and some specs of metal. not too concerning yet but just wanted to know what i can clean the inside of the housing with and if there is fluid that is supposed to be in the housing. i have the new cap ready to install but i would like to install it once and have it stay on there for as long as possible before being removed again to prevent damage

Hi Frank. Thanks for contacting us today. In a situation like this, it’s really best to flush the differential fluid correctly by removing the rear cover. Here is a video that shows how to complete this process.

3. i have a 2004 chevy suburban with the 5.3l vortec. i recently noticed while under the truck that my bell housing cap was missing.