Q: I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and the steering wheel occasionally locks up while I'm driving and the car decelerates.

While driving, the car occasionally decelerates, ALL of the lights come on and then the car comes to a stop. I cut the car off and wait 5 minutes or more and then restart it to get it to drive normally again. Another problem I occasionally have is after being parked for a few hours, the car doesn't want to start...it just clicks. I have found out if I pull or hold the gear in park, I hear a sound and I can start the car.

That’s a pretty tricky one. I think it could be that your engine is actually shutting off when you decelerate. It makes it feel like the steering is locking up because the power assist is going away when the engine stops turning. If your car is stalling that could be attributable to air leaks or maybe trouble with the throttle body. The problem with starting sounds like a bad gear position sensor, or perhaps the selector needs adjusting. You can have these things checked out at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your stalling problem and your starting issue and let you know what it needs.

3. I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and the steering wheel occasionally locks up while I'm driving and the car decelerates.