Q: I have a 2003 Dodge Durango with a 5.9L. It is trying to run hot. I have replaced the thermostat because it looked like it was leaking there.

Running hot. Leaking on passenger side out of hoses going into firewall. Have changed thermostat. Didn't help problem. Almost like water is not circulating.

Hi there. The coolant would be leaking from the heater hoses. Check the clamps to the heater hose clamps and make sure that they are all tight. If the clamps are tight and the hoses are still leaking, then I recommend replacing the heater hoses. If the coolant is not cycling, then check the water pump and see if it’s plugged up or damaged. A water pump can get sludge build-up and cause the coolant to go through the by-pass and not circulate properly. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have a 2003 Dodge Durango with a 5.9L. It is trying to run hot. I have replaced the thermostat because it looked like it was leaking there.