Q: I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8 turbo that as I was driving is in neautal with no indication the clutch was going out. Can it be something

I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8 turbo that as I was driving is in neautal with no indication the clutch was going out. Can it be something other than the clutch?

If I am understanding your question correctly, the car feels as though it is in neutral indicating the clutch has gone out. If this is the case, sometimes you will not always have any indication depending on what has happened to the clutch. Check to be sure it is the clutch by stopping the vehicle and pressing down the clutch and then releasing it. If the vehicle does not move when in gear after releasing the clutch, chances are the clutch needs to be replaced. I would recommend having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the issue with your clutch and help you repair it as necessary.

• I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8 turbo that as I was driving is in neautal with no indication the clutch was going out. Can it be something