Q: I have a 2000 subaru impreza outback sport and I want to put a new engine in it to get it running again. It had a 2.0 liter and I

Have this subaru that needs an engine in it. Was wondering if the larger 2.5L engine of the same year or if any other engines would be able to be swapped into it.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The 2.5 Liter will fit into the vehicle which previously had a smaller displacement. When upgrading in size, you must expect that there are going to be minor issues along the way. As long as you take your time and are prepared monetarily, you will be fine. You are going to be concerned with the transmission lining up, as it may not be a direct fit depending on the engine model. Secondary to the transmission bolting together, you may need a wiring harness appropriate for the larger engine. Without a step by step guide, you may discover these things as you go. Again, be mentally prepared for that, and you should not have many other issues. For any help along the way, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

You would not be able to do a direct exchange with the bigger motor without modification to mounts, computer, wiring and many other items I cannot know since there is no way of knowing everything that will need to be changed out. I would recommend replacing engine with same one so no modification will need to be done.

3. I have a 2000 subaru impreza outback sport and I want to put a new engine in it to get it running again. It had a 2.0 liter and I