Q: I have a 04 Passat V6 and I was told I need a motor mount because the motor is leaning on one side bad. How much and is it safe to

When I pull off the rpm doesn't match up and It feels like a stick shift then it drives great. No lights on indicating something else is wrong not sure if it's the transmission or what. I was told I needed a motor mount if so how much also I was told maybe I need transmission fluid.

Hi there. In most cases, when a motor mount fails, it will exhibit a few warning signs beyond physical looks of how the engine "appears" to be leaning. An engine mount, made of rubber and steel, has two purposes. One, it secures the engine and transmission to the frame of the car, and two, it absorbs the road shocks and engine vibrations so that the driver does not feel any engine movement. If one of the mounts breaks, you will feel significant engine movement (vibrations and/or shaking).It is possible that the motor mount is a cause of acceleration problems you are experiencing, but it is likely that it’s fuel system related. It might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can inspect the engine fuel and ignition components as well as your transmission fluid and motor mounts for damage. Once the inspection is complete, you’ll have a better idea as to what needs to be repaired to resolve your problems.

3. I have a 04 Passat V6 and I was told I need a motor mount because the motor is leaning on one side bad. How much and is it safe to