Q: Gas pump clicking

I have 2013 audi a4 about 55,000 miles. When I got my 45k mile service done at audi I brought up to them that I was having issues pumping my gas at times. For example, sometimes the gas pump would just keep clicking to where I wasn't able to gas my car. When I brought it to audi my car was still under warranty, however they couldn't find the problem bc they were able to gas it fine. I explained to them that it only does it on occasion but enough for me to be concerned. They told me in the future if any serious problems happen due to this then bring to their attention that i brought it to them in that past for that issue. Well now my car is no longer under warranty and it's at audi (i brought it in bc i was hearing a strange whistling noise ) and they're telling me I need a new fuel pump. Are these two issues related to where i can tell them i brought it in before for this?

Hi There, This is likely related to your EVAP emissions system and something called a purge valve solenoid. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister is filled with activated carbon pellets that can absorb the fuel vapors. When the engine is running, the fuel vapors are purged from the canister and burned in the engine. The vent control valve (solenoid) controls the flow of outside air in and out of the charcoal canister. When this is not working properly, you may experience the gas pump shutting off prematurely causing it to take a very long time to fill up your fuel tank. This is due to the excess fuel vapor that is present when the purge solenoid is not working properly by releasing these vapors. The gas pumps at the fuel station have automatic sensors on them (for safety reasons) that shut off automatically when too much fuel vapor is present. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to take a look at your car to diagnose your EVAP purge solenoid.

3. Gas pump clicking