Q: I drive a 2006 Suzuki forenza manual, whenever I break my RPM goes up and I get a screeching noise slowing down.

asked by on September 11, 2017

If I'm going above 45 miles per hour, and a stop light is coming up and I break as normal, my rpm will jump and my car will make a screeching noise. It sounds similar to driving my car in the wrong gear. I can drive it slower than 45 mph and it may still do this but most of the time it's when I'm going at higher speeds.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There have been many similar complaints about this model and others. The issue may be caused by several different components, and you will want to check into each of them. To begin, you will want to look into the timing belt. If you have not already replaced it, it may help. Secondly, you want to look into the throttle body and air intake sensors. Make sure they are clean and working well. You may also want to evaluate the idle air control valve to make sure it is regulating the engine properly when coming to a stop. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr