Q: I changed the fuel pump and truck ran great for 3 days. Now after 3 days, the truck dies. It will start running for a few minutes, then dies like before.

I was advised to change the fuel pump. Truck would start but run just a few minutes, sometimes few seconds. Sometimes I had to let it sit for 15 minutes before it would start. Mind you, it would crank but not always start immediately, but eventually it would start. It started more times than not. So I changed fuel pump on 9/15/16, truck ran great till 9/18/16. Now same problems. Starts almost every time instantly, but runs for few minutes great then starts running rough for about 5 minutes then dies. I let it sit for 30 seconds and fires right up and goes through running ritual then dies. Please help. I'm hoping I don't have to remove bed again, but will if need be. Thanks very much

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. It sounds like you should disconnect the connector to the fuel pump and inspect it for any signs of getting hot. The female connections may be too loose on the fuel pump and lose contact after running and getting hot. If there are indeed any signs of problems, then I’d suggest replacing connector and adding dielectric lube to pins before installation. This should solve the problem, but if you continue to experience issues, feel free to reach out to us for help again.

3. I changed the fuel pump and truck ran great for 3 days. Now after 3 days, the truck dies. It will start running for a few minutes, then dies like before.