Q: I cant see the energy consumption screen on my 2005 Prius

The center display works when any of the 4 buttons are pressed and when i use the touch screen. But it will automatically go black after a while and when i press the button of the screen I'm on the screen goes back. This means that I cant see the energy consumption screen.

Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by a few different things. If the screen is still displaying information, then the first thing I would do is check to make sure that the screen settings are not set to time out after a specific period of time, for energy saving purposes. You should be able to find these settings by navigating through the menus, to the display settings. If the settings are fine, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the screen itself, the module that controls it, or perhaps in the associated wiring to these components. As it appears that there may be electrical issues, which can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from Yourmechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your display issues.

3. I cant see the energy consumption screen on my 2005 Prius