Q: I bought a car cash at a reno dealer, here it is 4 months later and the dmv still has not gotten the title. I did reg. With drs

Payed for car cash at a reno dealer, 4 months later the dmv has not gotten the title. I did reg. the car with the DRS the dealer did send. The DMV does not seem to be willing to help!! Anything I can do other than suing to get the title for a car I paid for? Who regulates nevada car dealers?

Hi there. Unfortunately, this sounds like a classic example of "buyer beware" in regards to paying cash for a used car. First off, the standard DMV office is not going to help you resolve this problem. This is something that should be handled by the dealership unless the vehicle in question has a title lean against it by the previous owner. I am assuming you have kept receipts for the transaction with the Nevada car dealership. If so, the best way to expedite this issue is not to file a lawsuit against the dealership, as this will literally shut down any possible chance of getting the title. I would however, visit the dealership and ask them about the title on this vehicle. The only agency that I know of that regulates car sales in Nevada is unfortunately the DMV’s Compliance division. You might want to contact them to see what options you have to resolve this problem.

3. I bought a car cash at a reno dealer, here it is 4 months later and the dmv still has not gotten the title. I did reg. With drs