Q: I accidentally put oil in my coolant tank, what can I do? 1998 Mercury Marquis

I accidentally put oil in my coolant tank this morning. I just got the car yesterday and I messed up already, please tell me if it's fixable.

Hello - not ideal, but certainly not fatal. You may even be able to remove the coolant reservoir, and drain the coolant/oil mix before any has gotten into the engine. Even if oil is in the coolant, a coolant drain, system flush with a cleaner, then a refill with fresh coolant should remedy this temporary problem. Don’t sweat it - we’ve all made mistakes along the way. For assistance, I recommend a cooling system flush performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, perform a fluch and refill, and get you back on your way.

3. I accidentally put oil in my coolant tank, what can I do? 1998 Mercury Marquis