Q: I accidentally poured about a cap n a half of oil into my radiator n drove after i tried getting it out, how can it effect my car

I was trying to pour coolant into my radiator because it over heats when sitting for a while but accidentally grabbed the oil. I poured maybe a cap(not cup but cap) and half of oil into my radiator. I tried to get it to come out by pouring what water I had into it because the oil was floating. I was then told it wouldn't effect my car because it was so little so i drove to pick up my daughter and ended up in traffic for a hour n half, so ive been driving. How can this effect my car and what should i do to prevent any further damage.

Hello. To address your concern, a tiny amount of oil such as a cap full should not have any sort of noticeable effect on the cooling system. It should not cause any sort of overheating or damage to the cooling system components, I would not worry about it too much. However, if you wish to get it out, you can continue to check and top off the cooling system, as the oil should float on top of the water, making it easy for you wipe up or remove with a rag. Alternatively, you could have a technician flush your radiator out and then add coolant back in to make sure that all oil is out.

3. I accidentally poured about a cap n a half of oil into my radiator n drove after i tried getting it out, how can it effect my car