Q: Hey my car is leaking a lot what are some suggestions before i try taking it into a shop

It's just leaking A lot & i wann know if i need a new engine or can it be sealed

Hi there:

It really depends on what type of fluid is leaking and where it’s coming from which will determine the corrective course of action. If you’re leaking coolant, it could be from a coolant hose, connection or a cooling system component like a radiator or water pump which will need to be replaced. If it’s oil leaking, it also could be a hose or a seal; which would require engine service but not replacement. If the leak is coming from the engine directly due to a crack or damage to the engine, that would require replacement or major repair. The best way to determine what you need to do to fix your leak is have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a fluid leak inspection.

I’m working on it.

Hi there. One of the things you could try is cleaning the engine and monitoring for the leaks. A dye can be added to the oil and a black light used to check for the source of the leaks as well. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and provide an estimate for the needed repairs. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car is leaking a fluid inspection.

3. Hey my car is leaking a lot what are some suggestions before i try taking it into a shop