Q: I accidentally but powerwasher degreaser fluid in my windshield washer fluid reservoir. What do I do?

asked by on June 22, 2017

I accidentally put power washer degreaser fluid into my tank for windshield washer fluid. How can I fix this?

Hi there. This shouldn’t be too hard to resolve. The best way to fix this problem is to first locate the windshield washer fluid reservoir, remove the bottom tube that flows to the nozzles, and remove all current fluids from the tank. Once that’s done, flush with water. After this is done, put the nozzles hose back on and fill with clear water. Start the car and spray the washer nozzles for a good 15 seconds or so. This should flush the lines. After this step, remove the water from the reservoir and fill with windshield washer fluid.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr