Q: How to replace a fuel filter?

Can a fuel filter be easily replaced by a non-mechanic? I have a 2008 Shelby GT500 5.4 L supercharged with pulley and cold air intake.

Hi, thanks for writing in. Most of the time Ford fuel filters are fairly easy to replace. Ford fuel filters typically have two plastic clips that hold the filter in place. The plastic clips can usually be pried out with a flathead screwdriver. It is very important to wear safety glasses during the replacement of the fuel filter to avoid getting any fuel in your eyes. Once the plastic clips have been removed, each fuel line can be disconnected from the fuel filter. Installation is reverse of removal. If you would like help with this replacement, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.