Q: How to fix the brake lights, blinkers work tail lights work, and 3rd brake light works

Brake lights don't work

A: First thing to check is the bulbs. The bulb...

First thing to check is the bulbs. The bulbs on the rear of your Caravan are dual-filament. One filament is for tail/signal lights and the other is for braking.

It’s possible that it’s simply blown brake light filaments on both bulbs. Since the 3rd brake light is working, odds are the brake light switch is working properly.

If the bulbs are good, it is possible the tail lamp sockets have a short or broken circuit internally. You may need a test light or volt meter to check the individual pins in the tail light harness on each side if the bulbs and contacts are good.

If you need assistance with this repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the issue with your brake lights firsthand and help you fix them as necessary.