Q: How to fix my torque converter clutch when it's

Bad torque converter clutch control sensor is stuck how can I fix it

A: Hey there. If you are getting Diagnostic Tr...

Hey there. If you are getting Diagnostic Trouble Code P0740, that means there is a fault in the torque converter clutch circuit, which includes the solenoid malfunction.

The solenoid itself (it’s a solenoid, not a sensor) has to be tested to be sure it has really failed because there are several other possibilities for what might appear to be a stuck solenoid including things as mundane (and easily resolved) as low or dirty transmission fluid and/or a plugged transmission filter. Wiring faults can even account for the code setting. If the solenoid is indeed bad, this is a standard on the vehicle repair that can be performed in the field by YourMechanic, but it is recommended that you have an expert diagnose the code so that this can be corrected properly.