Q: how much would it cost to replace a ac compressor cutch and all the things involved?

I heard a loud grinding noise under the hood. I noticed that the ac compressor clutch was skipping and sounded like it was grinding. maybe the bearings were worn out or something. I replaced the clutch on the front of the compressor and it made it worse. The noise got louder and smoke started coming out of it heavily. A few seconds late a green slime blew out of something because of it. I don't know what to do. maybe get someone to come look at it and even see if it is worth fixing.

Hi there:

This issue is sometimes associated with having an AC compressor failure, however, it could also be an indication of mold developing inside your AC system. To be certain, you should have a professional mechanic complete an AC system inspection first before you decide to replace the compressor or other components.

• how much would it cost to replace a ac compressor cutch and all the things involved?