Q: how many valve lifters do i have in my vehicle?

asked by on October 05, 2017

had gotten an oil change and the car was fine. a few days later i asked the pump attendant to put premium gas in my car. i check the receipt and it says regular. it started to get a ticking sound. since then my car has been hesitating to start and has a very rough idle. a mechanic said it was valve lifers. how many lifters do i need to replace them all. Also i have a bank 2 sensor 1 02 sensor not working. where is the location of that sensor and is it upstream or downstream? front or rear?

Most vehicles use regular fuel. If your vehicle says premium fuel only on fuel gauge then you will need to add premium fuel to run the engine properly. As far as lifters you have cam followers if it is an overhead cam engine and will have one for each valve. If you have 24 valves then you have 24 cam followers. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a complete diagnosis of the engine to determine noise and problems you have.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr