Q: How many belts & timing belt

How may belts does this SUV have, and should the timing belt be replaced when the other belts are worn? Do you have any ballpark on the costs to replace these belts?

This depends on which engine your car is equipped with. For your 2007 Toyota Highlander, there were two options:

• Highlanders manufactured from 2001 to 2007 with a V6 engine require a new belt every 60k miles.

• Secondly, 4-cylinder Highlanders from 2001 to 2007 and V6s from 2008 on have chains, however, so no belt is needed.

If you need assistance with these replacements, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to inspect your Highlander and help you with the replacement of your timing belt.

3. How many belts & timing belt