Q: How many air bags are installed in my vehicle?

How many air bags are installed in my vehicle?

air bags, while not defined as “lifesaving” equipment by the US government, do provide an important layer of protection for you and your passengers. They work with your seat belts to reduce the chance of being injured in certain types of accidents (they aren’t deployed in all accidents). You also have several different air bags throughout the cabin. Here’s what you need to know:

• Front: You have two air bags in the front. One is in the steering wheel, and the other is located in the dash in front of the passenger position.

• Side: Both the driver and passenger front seats have side air bags that deploy on the outside edge to protect your torso during an accident.

• Side Curtain: There are two side curtain air bags that run from the front to the back across the windows. They deploy from the ceiling, and are designed to help protect passengers in the front and rear in the event of a side impact.

3. How many air bags are installed in my vehicle?