Q: How hard is it to replace tranmission mount on a 2011 chevy lt 3.5

how hard is it to replace tranmission mount on a 2011 chevy lt 3.5

A: Replacing the transmission mounts on a fron...

Replacing the transmission mounts on a front wheel drive vehicle will require undoing the motor mounts and raising the engine first, and raising the engine will also involve detaching anything that’s attached such as the strut tower bars, wiring harnesses, and possibly the exhaust.

You’ll need to take great care in raising the engine so as not to damage the oil pan or transmission pan while lifting it from underneath. It’s best to raise the engine one side at a time if possible. The front wheels will also need to be removed for access. The left side transmission mount is bolted to a bracket on the transmission, and to the subframe between the left hand control arm mounts.

This is a difficult procedure and can lead to lots of complications. If you’re not comfortable or run into any issues with this repair, feel free to book one of our mobile technicians to service your vehicle.