Q: How does the cruise control system work?

How does the cruise control system work?

A: Cruise control is an important accessory th...

Cruise control is an important accessory that helps alleviate fatigue from driving for long periods. Just set the speed you want to travel and take your foot off the gas. The car will do the rest. Here’s how the system works:

1. Press the Cruise button on the steering wheel. You should see the Cruise Main light come on in your dash.

2. Speed up or down to your desired speed.

3. Press the Set button on the steering wheel to set your speed.

• To change the speed without disengaging cruise control, press and hold the RES/ACCEL button on the steering wheel. This will increase your speed. Release it when you’ve reached the right speed.

• You can also press the gas pedal and then hit the Set button again when you’ve reached the speed you want. Finally, tap the RES/ACCEL button lightly to speed up just a little bit.

• To deactivate cruise control, just tap the brake pedal. You can also slow down incrementally by tapping the SET/DECEL button. Pressing and holding the SET/DECEL button will reduce speed quickly, and you can release it when you reach your new desired speed.

Tip

Don’t use cruise control unless you’re driving on an open, relatively straight road in good weather.