Q: How do you use the automatic rearview mirror in a 2012 Nissan Altima?

How do you use the automatic rearview mirror?

A: If your car is equipped with an automatic r...

If your car is equipped with an automatic rearview mirror, it will adjust to compensate for glare on its own. However, you do have to turn the function on to use it.

Here’s how to do that:

1. If your mirror has a compass, press the power button to turn on the automatic function. You should see the active light come on.

2. If your mirror does not have a compass, press the O button on the edge of the mirror. The power light should come on.

To turn off the automatic functionality:

1. Press the | button if your mirror doesn’t have a compass.

2. Press the power button again if your mirror does have a compass.

Tip

Your automatic rearview mirror works based on input from sensors – don’t hang anything from the mirror or it might block the sensors and prevent the mirror from working properly.