Q: Q: How do you tow a trailer?

How do you tow a trailer?

Towing a trailer might not seem possible with a compact car like the Civic, but it actually is, unless you’re driving the HF model. If you have a Civic HF, your car should NOT tow a trailer at any time. This may actually void your warranty. If you’re driving any other trim level, you can tow a trailer if you have a hitch installed and observe some important Tips

1. Don’t exceed 1,000 pounds (this includes the trailer on/in the trailer).

2. Make sure the trailer is loaded so that the tongue weight is 10% or less of the total weight of the trailer (1,000 pounds on the trailer would be 100 pounds in tongue weight).

Tip

Don’t tow a trailer during your car’s break in period (the first 600 miles on the engine).

3. Q: How do you tow a trailer?