Q: How do you remove ring on fuel pump?

I’m doing some of my own repair work. Could you please give me instructions on how to remove the ring on the fuel pump?

There is a special tool used to engage the fuel pump locking ring for removal and installation. It can be found at most auto parts retailers. Depending on the model year of your S-Type and type of ring installed, you may be able to use a screwdriver on one of the drive tangs to carefully unscrew the ring. However, by not using the correct tool you could damage the locking ring. You may want to enlist the help of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to assist you in the removal and re-installation of the fuel pump locking ring.

3. How do you remove ring on fuel pump?